English » Institutions » Tegemeo
Tegemeo English Medium Primary School (TEMPS) owned by ELCT-Karagwe Diocese. The school is registered under the ministry of education and Vocational Training N0. 04/04/001 (1999) having started in 1995. The school manager is the Secretary General –KAD assisted by the school board, head teacher (and the workers under him/her) and the pupil’s government. Tegemeo is day and boarding school with pupils from pre-primary class to class seven. The school’s motto is “The fear of God is the beginning of Knowledge”.
Tegemeo is blessed with a competent and cooperative staff, teaching staff as well as non-teaching. This is exemplified by the school’s academic performance in District, Regional and National examinations. The school is community wise recognized and approved academic and discipline. Further, this school is gender sensitive and religiously unbiased.
To date, (2014) there are 312 pupils, 143 being girlsand 169 boys. The school has 25 staff, 14 being teachers and 11 non-teaching staff.
. To train and mould youths of all sects academically, morally and spiritually.
. To help parents who had to take their children to the neighboring countries in search of English Medium Primary Schools reduce costs in transport, risks and school fees.
• To raise the level of both written and spoken English Language at pre-secondary level.
• To develop and promote self confidence and inquiring and understanding mind and respect to elder people and the society.
• Renovation of school buildings which seem to be old (built in 1950’s).
• To introduce computer studies for both teachers and pupils.
• Maintain and improve school academic performance and discipline.
• To attain and develop pupils talents and skills in different aspects, especially in sports and games.
• Introduction of self- reliance at school in agriculture, animal keeping and environmental care.
• To put in place adequate facilities for rain water harvesting.
• To put in place adequate teaching and learning materials ( Books ratio to be 1:1)
More information through Head teacher Imani Josiah +255 755 444 551or +255 783 444 552
TEGEMEO ENGLISH MEDIUM PRIMARY SCHOOL.
P.O.BOX 07, KARAGWE – KAGERA – TANZANIA
EMAIL: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org