Tegemeo English Medium Primary SchoolTegemeo English Medium Primary School (TEMPS) is one of the Primary schools owned by Karagwe Diocese. The school was started on the 3rd April, 1995. Tegemeo is a full boarding schools with pupils from pre-primary class to class 7. The school’s motto is ‘The fear of God is the beginning of knowledge’.
To date, there are 249 pupils, 139 boys and 110 girls. The school has 24 staff such as 14 teachers and 10 non-teaching staff (2 cooks, 2 watchmen, 2 matrons, 2 patrons, 1 school secretary and 1 school accountant). Among pupils mentioned above 63 pupils are sponsored by God parents from Leverkusen – Germany through the partnerships between Lukajange District and Leverkusen. These are orphans pupils and those selected from poor families. The school fees for this year (2010) is Tshs. 650,000/= for all classes from pre-primary to class seven and it is paid into for phases.
- To train and mould youths of all sects academically, morally and spiritually;
- To help parents who had to take their children to the neighboring countries in search of English Medium Primary Schools reduce costs in transport, risks and school fees;
- To rise the level of both written and spoken English language at pre-secondary level;
- To develop and promote self confidence and inquiring and understanding mind and respect to elder people and the society.
- Completion of the on going two projects of building water tank and staff house.
- Renovation of school buildings which seem to be old (were built in 1950’s.
- To introduce Computer studies for both teachers and pupils.
- To maintain and improve school academic performance and discipline.
- To attain and develop pupils talents and skills in different aspects, especially in sports and games.
Since 14th April, 1999, the school is registered with Re. NO. KA.04/4/001.
More information through Head teacher Praxed Peter by telephone +255 766 451 239
TEGEMEO ENGLISH MEDIUM PRIMARY SCHOOL.
P.O.BOX 07, KARAGWE – KAGERA – TANZANIA