Nkwenda Bible School
Since 1982, the Nkwenda Bible School (NBS) has been engaged in training evangelists to spread the gospel. The school's aim is that people may believe in Jesus Christ as their saviour.
The school has two classrooms with stores, one boys` dormitory, one girls’ dormitory which has also a place to accommodate guests. Two rooms are temporarily used as a library and food store. There are four teachers’ houses equipped with basic facilities. Dining room and kitchen are under construction.
At the beginning of 2007, 24 students, in fact 5 female and 19 male, enrolled for the first year of the two years training. There are four members of staff: Rev. Texavier Biita (Principal), Rev. Jeseph Kaungya (Teacher), Mr. Victor Kamugasha (Music teacher) and Rev. Domician Tinkaligaile (Retired pastor and Dean).
- Milk cows: There are two cows and one bull. Students care about the animals on rotation.
- Farming: Farming and animal husbandry are part of the school curriculum. Each student has his/her part to cultivate, sow and harvest.
- Bookshop service: The school sells books to students at reduced prices.
During the long vacation, the school runs refresher courses for evangelists if it is financially possible.
- To educate Christians who have a call to join the evangelism training for two years
- To complete building kitchen, dining room and its store
- To find sponsors for constructing a food store and library
- To cooperate with internal and external partners of the Diocese for financial support of students
- To explore the possibility of getting a “Satellite dish”, so that teachers and students will connected to the Internet
ContactFurther information through Principal Teacher Rev. Texavier Biita by telephone +255 (78) 7075590.
Text: Texavier Biita