Bweranyange Girls Secondary School
The motto “It takes a woman to raise a nation” guides the school.
Bweranyange Girls Secondary School offers education studies from form one to form four. In total, there are 357 girls taught by 17 teachers in the general subjects Biology, Chemistry, Civics, English language, Geography, History, Kiswahili, Mathematics and Physics. 10 staff members belong to the non-teaching staff and care about the administration and catering of the boarding school. Since January 2010, the school is lead by headmistress Mrs. Peresia Bagambilana.
- Since the start in 2007, the number of students has increased every year. The good results of the students at national examinations are the best advertisement for the school.
- Since 2010, qualified teachers from university belong to the permanent staff members.
- The school has also planted 10,000 tree plants since October, 2009.
- A solar project was funded by The Evangelical Church of Hesse and Nassau (EKHN) and the United Evangelical Mission (UEM) Wuppertal. Since 2009, the school is using the solar energy.
Respicius Rwehumbiza, teacher of Chemistry, Physics and Biology: ‘The learning conditions are sometimes too much difficult, because we are not accessible to the internet and we do not have enough computers and learning material here. These factors depend all on our environment and the outlying school buildings. But the girls are easy to teach – because they are disciplined and ready to study. There is a great capacity of those who have understood why and for what they are learning here.’
Plans for 2011
- To put more effort on educating the students and offer supporting learning lessons in the afternoon
- To buy more computers and start IT workshops for the staff and also for the students
- To maintain the study tour and offer the students varied insights in the working area, such as the weather station at Bukoba airport in the last year
- To construct a house for the staff near the school
- To construct a library
- To maintain the partnerships with Birger Forgel Schule at Espelkamp in Germany and with Skara parish in Sweden
The school is officially registered with the Tanzanian government registration number S. 3735.
ContactFurther information through Peresiah Bagambilana, headmistress, telephone +255 754 752 637 or Email email@example.com
Text: Peresiah Bagambilana